The Cube is an interesting new product from NuForce that combines a portable speaker with quality DAC audio sourcing. Also added is an amp for better headphone listening. Powering the speaker is an 8-hour rechargeable battery.
The speaker is a 2-inch cube design and produces 3 watts of sound power. The DAC allows users to connect via a computer using USB to provide higher quality audio from digital sources to analog output. Essentially the DAC bypasses your computer's built-in analog output to create a better quality sound. Lastly, the headphone amp boosts audio levels. No info is given about the actual level output, but NuForce claims it can power even the most demanding over ear headphones.
The Cube looks to be an interesting idea. The big question is whether that 3 watt speaker can really utilize the DAC enough to be worth the cost.
The NuFoce Cube is available now for $119.
- Logitech announces wired iPad keyboard
- Twitter launches two-factor authentication
- Otterbox acquires LifeProof
- iMap Weather Radio app sends severe weather alerts to your iPhone (Video)
- ZAGGKeys Cover and Folio keyboard cases for iPad mini
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
Browse and search for more articles