NAVIGON 2.1 was released last week to add a number of improvements to the turn-by-turn navigation app. Biggest addition is Google Street View for supported destinations. Users can see a street-level view of your location, which will help orientate your driving. The view has an address snapshot, and then when tapped it turns into a 360-degree map. Also may be a nice feature with iOS 6 Maps, which lacks the Google Street View option.
Also new is a $5.99 in-app purchase called Cockpit. The feature seems best for off-road traveling or flights where conventional street data is not helpful. The feature offers G-Force, speed, and horizontal and vertical positions, plus altitude.
Other new features include manual route blocking, which allows users to manually avoid areas for alternative routes. The update also features improved start-up and map rendering.
NAVIGON is available for the iPhone and iPad starting out at $29.99 for specific regions and $59.99 for all of North America. It's currently on sale for reduced prices until July 16th.
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
- Every Day Carry Gear/Gadgets (Video)
- Denon announces new line of AVRs with AirPlay, iOS remote
- T-Mobile TV now available for iOS
- Google Glass on Weekend Update
- Podcast: Lots of iOS 7 rumors, Google Now, CoD Ghosts + More
- Apple expands SSD options for iMacs
- Blockbuster releases On-Demand app
- Apple counts down to 50 billion app downloads
- iOS 6.1.4 brings speakerphone fix for iPhone 5
Browse and search for more articles