Other World Computing issued an update to their On-The-Go Pro storage option. The company sells the device with storage or as a bare enclosure. On-The-Go Pro features dual FireWire 800 ports and USB, which has been upgraded to USB 3.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, and FireWire 800 can be used on FireWire 400 devices with an appropriate FireWire cable.
OWC is also making the On-The-Go Pro available for only USB 3.0 to save a few bucks for those just looking for that interface.
Pricing on the triple interface model starts out at $71.99 as a bare enclosure, with storage options with 5400 RPM and 7200 RPM hard disk drives, plus options for SSD.
Other World Computing
- Apple TV adds HBO Go and WatchESPN
- Chimera adds Hackintosh support for Haswell, Mavericks
- iTunes Radio Preview (Video)
- Facebook app adds new privacy features, status icons
- Evernote adds Gmail clipping
- Steve Jobs bio heads to paperback w/ updated cover, afterword
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
Browse and search for more articles