The Mercury Elite Pro storage solution from Other World Computing features an aluminum design matching Apple's computers. The external drive can be equipped up to 4 TB of storage, or as a bare 3.5-inch drive enclosure for a DIY kit.
Recently OWC introduced a new model supporting USB 3.0. The USB 3.0 enclosure also contains dual Firewire 800 and eSATA connectors. USB 3.0 is now available on Apple's last laptops, and likely future computer. It offers greater speeds than Firewire 800 for those looking for easy and portable external storage.
The USB 3.0 product joins two other solutions, one with USB 2.0, Firewire 400, Firewire 800, and eSATA, and a less expensive model with just USB 2.0 and Firewire 400.
Pricing on the USB 3.0 model starts out at 97.99 on the enclosure and $169.99 with 500 GB drive installed.
Other World Computing
- Logitech announces wired iPad keyboard
- Twitter launches two-factor authentication
- Otterbox acquires LifeProof
- iMap Weather Radio app sends severe weather alerts to your iPhone (Video)
- ZAGGKeys Cover and Folio keyboard cases for iPad mini
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
Browse and search for more articles