Screen protectors are a good idea, particularly those wishing to preserve the resale value of their mobile devices. The catch usually though is any treatment affects the look and feel of the touch screen. Spigen recently introduced a product that is pretty exceptional. The GLAS.t for iPhone 5 is a screen protector actually made of glass.
The material is 0.4 mm thick and made of tempered glass. It also contains an Oleophobic coating. Spigen says the product has a hardness rating of 8-9H, and places it three times stronger than conventional PET protective films. Furthermore, the product is shatterproof if it does happen to break.
Buy at Amazon
- Steve Jobs bio heads to paperback w/ updated cover, afterword
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
- VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer (Video)
- Eye-Fi Mobi transmits camera pics to iOS
- AirDrop coming to iOS 7?
- Apple may be planning an ad exchange system
- Podcast: Tim Cook, Retro Gaming, WWDC, Arrested Development
Browse and search for more articles