The new Pill Bluetooth speaker from Beats Electronics is a stand-alone speaker system. Any Bluetooth enabled device can stream audio to the speakers, which includes Mac OS X and iOS devices, in addition to the new iPod nano. The four speaker device includes the company's Beats Audio algorithm, which the company says provides a unique listening experience. It has a rechargeable 7 hour lithium ion battery that can recharge from a USB plug or supplied AC adapter. Other features include an auto shutoff mode, that will shut down if no audio is playing for 30 minutes.
The Pill also functions as a conference/speaker phone with a built-in mic to handle voice calls. The microphone offers echo cancellation and feedback control.
There speaker of course pairs over Bluetooth and can accept up to 8 Bluetooth profiles. The Pill also has a 3.5mm line out to connect to external speakers.
The Pill is available now in Black, White, and Red with additional colors coming soon. It retails for $199.
Beats by Dry
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
- Every Day Carry Gear/Gadgets (Video)
- Denon announces new line of AVRs with AirPlay, iOS remote
- T-Mobile TV now available for iOS
- Google Glass on Weekend Update
- Podcast: Lots of iOS 7 rumors, Google Now, CoD Ghosts + More
Browse and search for more articles